Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Well...its officially my last post for 2008...hmmm...
its been a good year.
I was going to do a long drawn out post about how fabulous a year it has been..but..NAH......
I just want to wish you all the very best for the New Year....send you a great big fat squishy hug, send you out a big sloppy kiss and say" Thank you for being a part of my life in 2008"...
I hope everyones Christmas was sensational....
mine was..the perfect day with my family.
I was a spoilt, spoilt girl(can you say Canon 450D???hehehehehehehe clapping hands......***)....but i honestly feel even more spoilt just because I have such a beautiful family......sure...its like a fruit cake, tasty, and sweet ...with a few nuts mixed in...but hey?? Who on earth has a normal family anyway???
So this is my family(well some of them)...just to the left (you can see half of her) is Grandma,Nanny,Nana, Grandpa, Poppy,Renee, (my lil Sister) Dom , my nephew in front of her, Halen on the floor...and out of shot is Me, Shane, Damon (renees' hubby) and Paige, My niece....
..So...from My family to yours....Happy New Year!!!!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Such a nice feeling to be ready. I know people go on about how commercial Christmas is and all that..but I dont see it that way. I see it as a time when we DO make the effort to express how we feel about each other. To actually set aside a day to stop. To be with those we love.To give people things as a symbol of your affection.Its like a National Stop everything and remember each other day....and thats nice!!!.
Whatever your religious views....I think something is in the Christmas season for everyone.
It also marks the end of another year....in America..they have Thanksgiving. In the good ol' land of Oz..we tend to roll it all up with Jesus' birthday and the arrival of the Fatman!!
So this year..I want to give thanks for so much..but here are some:
1. My hubby and my kids.
2. My dog.
3. My friends both here and online, and extended family.
4.having a healthy,free and happy life.
5.Having a job that doesnt suck every day.(only some..LOL)
6. being allowed to be who I am...to create freely and to share it with others.
7. That I live in a nice, comfy home..not too flashy, but comfy,...with food in my belly and a nice place to sleep.
I could really go on..But that will do.
I could add i guess that Im thankful for being included in the Scrapbook Memories Masters' top 50, and getting a couple of Honourable Mentions in the masters Mag...I have my Keepsake in there and my Double layout in there..so i wont show you those....Im not supposed to until next month..but i can show you the other entries...
..this one is in the Magazine...(please excuse the photo)..but I just wanted to show you the inspiration for my camera keepsake..its an old box brownie..they are soooo cute!!!.....LOL..and a little detail of one of the inside pages of the little red velvet book inside it.
This was my shaped layout..... I am still in love with this layout..so i guess thats cool.
This was my calendar entry....(dontcha love these Heidi Grace papers????)
..and this is inside. I loved the idea that Teaching Halen about the year could be something you could touch, and feel..so I made this block set...You cant see it but There is a quote on the underside that says" Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year"..... I love that quote...and there are spaces to write important dates on each month block too... I spent the longest time on this one too...I asked my father in law to cut the blocks for me from a strip of pine, and sanded etc them all by hand before altering them....LOL..but ya get that....
Another thing Im thankful for is friends....We had a Chrissie party this week with some of my scrappin pals.....and I made these:
"I met Jillybean at Brisbane Papercraft expo in July 2007. Ive never met someone who was so instantly familiar to me as Jill. Many emails and blog visits later... I consider her a real friend."
This is Hannah..one of my work mates. She is beautiful and makes it fun to go to work....The photo is on a transparency, so it looks a little fuzzy..but i like it 'cause you cant see my wrinkles!!!!
..and this?? Is Emily. She is another pretty gal I work with..she is a nut. She is a wild nut from some jungle somewhere...and i love her to bits!!!.
Another thing i am thankful for is Suzi Blu and the Goddess network.
She saved my artistic soul this year..and gave me a new passion for paint......I love you Suzi!!!
I have now completed my 3rd painting....here he is.....
..My "golden haired Boy"....a boy for Halens' wall....(the pic is not taken straight on so when i cropped it it looks like his feet are too little....and the dog looks tiny..LOL.)..and Gold Leaf!!! This stuff is like chocolate..hard to stop.......
We had Secret Santa on the Suzi Blu network..and I was secret Santa for Marion who lives in the Netherlands...and I made her this:
It is an Art Journal made from two pieces of plywood, painted...(and gold leafed..ahem..) and some beautiful recycled silk ribbon from another creative saviour of mine....VIV. where I have been doing her Art Journal classes online. Here are some of my new pages:
..I love what I have learned with Viv....My art journal is my therapy. It is my glass of red at the end of a day..it is my facial....so I guess in a way..Viv is my therapist...and in so many ways her inspiration is my therapist. Thanks Viv!!!
So..on that long, drawn out note...I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas.Thank you for all your lovely ccomments, your beautiful friendships mean the world to me...Please have a happy and safe Christmas and new Year...and I will 'see' you in the new Year!!Ill leave you with my last upload for 2008 with Shop and Crop....our DT theme was "All I want for Christmas"....
and I can honestly say that the more neagtive parts of every year would be gone forever if we could have it. PEACE.
...so help me out ok?? If your fighting with someone for whatever reason???..Go Kiss and Make-up.... its gotta start somewhere.
Love to allxxoo
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Learn 50 things about your friends, and let them learn 50 things about you!(send
back to your friends) don't forget me too.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Nup.....blue just doesnt seem to be a good colour in food.....eeeewww!!
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? Nope. Never smoked nothin..nor will I ever....Drugs is for doofuses.
3. Do you own a gun? I dont but...I live with a shooter...gulp...
4. Wax or Shave your body parts? No, no no no..definately no hot , burning waxy substances near my delicate bits.uh-uh.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Damn skippy!!! Hate it..hate it hate it.
6 Real or fake nails? Real. Cant take the back off double sided tape with fakeys.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? A cup of strong coffee, no sugar and a little milk. Repeat this process for a friendly Deb.
9. Can you do push ups? Push what up where??
10. What's your favourite piece of jewellery? have to say my engagement ring/wedding ring..ok..so Im sappy.
11. Favourite hobby? Anything that involves paint, paper, glue or sparkles or anything remotely related.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No, dont think so, whats that??? I really dont know...hmm...maybe I do??? a little ???
13. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? I am vague as hell.
14. Middle Name? Anne
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? If cocky doesnt stop screaching Im likely to whack her shortly, I should be painting something,....what is that screaming coming from the bathroom???
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee,lemon Pump water, Cokezero.
17. Current worry right now? what me worry???
18. Current hate right now? That there is only 24 hours in the day..should be 48.
19. Favourite place to be? My ART room with the kids playing just outside and Shane playing guitar in his music room.
20. How did you bring in the New Year? Painting this year I think....
21. Like to run? Run what?>???If you mean with the feet and the sweating and the hurting and the puffing???Nope.God no.
22. Name three people who will read this? Me??? Um....Kathie???..and Scrapamumma Bev.
23. Do you own slippers? Oh, yes..the nanna sheepskin variety yep, I do..and I love them.
24. What colour shirt are you wearing? black.....
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No...got some once for a wedding present..black ones..looked sensational.....but my head kept slipping of the pillow and I had a bad neck for 3 days after wards. Use them for photographing projects now. Thats all theyre good for.
26. Can you whistle? Yep...I whistle at work...and scare the crap out of the kids with the fingers in the gob one when theyre playing up......hehehehe
27. Favourite colour? red
28. Would you be a pirate? Aye aye Cap-n!!!
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Were on tank...so no singing here.
30. Favourite girl's name? India.
31. Favourite boy's name? Hunter.
32. What's in your pocket right now? 35 cents and a used tissue.
33. Last thing that made you laugh?Norty email.....hehehehe
33. Best toy or collection as a kid? A poseable rubber Miss Piggy. she fell to bits. sadly..
34. Worst injury you've ever had? Wounded ego.
35. Do you love where you live? Yep..but it would be better if itwas nearer the ocean.
36. How many TV's do you have in your house? 3
37. Who is your loudest friend? Em.... Definately.
38. How many pets do you have? 4. A cockatoo,a pug, a maltese and a border collie.
39. Does someone have a crush on you? His name better be Shane.
40. What is your favourite book? I have 2. Interview with a vampire by Anne Rice and April Fools' Day by Bryce Courtenay.
41. What is your favourite lolly? Chilli Lindt chocolate. Not really a lolly....but...thats it.
42. Favourite Sports Team?what is this 'sport' you speak of???
43. What were you doing at 6:00pm? wrapping Christmas presents.
44. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?Gypsy..its not time for Good O's yet!!!
45. Worst habit? Farting. Cant help it..love it. (oh my god..did I just say that???)
46. Do you play an instrument. Nope.Used to play the clarinet when i was in Highschool.
47. How long does it take you to get to work? Bout 20 minutes.
48. Plans for the weekend? Christmas party Friday night, work and Groceries Saturday, Scrappin Christmas party with my 'homeys' on Sunday!!!
49. If you could eat anything in the world right this second, what would it
be? Lisas Mexican dip and CCs and a jack Daniels and coke.
50. Do you like who sent this to you? I stole it from Ngai and Jill (because i stalk them) and, yes, I adore them
There you go - now I KNOW you shall all sleep well tonite!
Hey!! Guess who is organising a camp here in August?????hmmm....going to be funnnnnn!!!!Watch this space!!! Wink Wink!!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I m still not sure what Ill call her...hmm....she looks like a "Hetty" or a "Gerty" to me.....
hmmm...just a small thing.
I would just like to admit that I did entered the Scrapbook Memories Masters Competition this year....and that I made the Top 50. I am so glad to have made it that far.
The winners have been announced, and I did not make the final 10. Congratulations to all of those talented ladies who made the Top 50 along with me...I know I was in amazing company..and Im proud to have been so.
To all the Masters for this year..you have my admiration and awe..and I am busting to see the Masters' Edition!!!
Congratulations Scrapbook Memories Masters...2008!!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
So..I did these:
using the new Scenic Route "Garland". It reminds me of MAD magazines for some reason.....its too yummy.Like lollies really.
if you havent heard...we are running a "Homemade Christmas" challenge at Shop and Crop....and last month was Decorations, the month before was cards...this month is handmade gifts....that cost UNDER $25......so much fun!!! So, if youre making someone a gift for Chrissy...post it in our Homemade Christmas gallery and you could win a little prezzy for you!!!
This is what I made ........I altered a 2009 diary using the We R Memory Makers "Christmas" range.Sooooooooo pretty. speshally that there flocked sticky ribbon.Love that.
Oh, and a pen too.It should be a loverly gift for a teacher one of my children adores.....(hopefully).
I also made these with the leftovers, some microscope slides and some of hubbys soldering gear..
...One each for the kids' teachers' Christmas trees. I had a teacher tell me once that she had a decoration from one child every year on her tree...and that it was special to her..so I thought, what the hey??? and I put their names on the back...(The boy has 2 teachers).
They were fun to make.
Anyhoo..seeing as Im supposed to be bathing 2 puppies who have somehow developed friends of a crawly, itchy variety....(eeek!! never happened before..must be all the rain and the mangey mutt what keeps coming into our yard)...Id best sign off for now.
Hope your week is going swimmingly.....:)
so..these are the rules.....
The Rules are:
1. Add a link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. List 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
3. Random things:-hmmm...
3a. I have a fascination with butterflies, tattoos and Tim Burton films.
b. I like being with my family and friends..but I hate shopping with other people...soooo much.
c. I have a boot and black and white stripe fetish.
d. I like wood and old stuff. Specially old crockery and cameras.
e. I dont really have a favourite band or song but "The Butterfly Ball" is my favourite not favourite song.(??)
f. If I had thicker hair..(not feathers like i have now) I would have dreadlocks..long John Butler type ones with ribbons tied around them and wear tie-died dread nappies...like Viv and Emily...
4. I tag... the beautiful Jillybean ,my newest hero...
Suzi , a beautiful lady I havent caught up with lately..... Teina...the coolest curly headed witch I know...Witchypoo , Kelley a fellow Suzi Bluer... and last but by no means least...my beautiful beautiful pal Lisa...who has a new blog *waving* HI Lisa!!!!!
5..checkedy check check.
Ok...so off to do some painting. YAY ME!!!!
Have a great night!!MMWWAA!
Ive been a slack blogger..I promise to post soon....but..I do want to share my favourite Christmas song with you.....
all I want for Christmas is Peace, Love, understanding for all our differences and a better ,safe world for our Children.
Not that much really.
Peace to you at Christmas.